Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A LESSON AT MAMA'S KNEE

 
 
A LESSON AT MAMA'S KNEE
 
August 9, 2015 
Alpine, Al
 
Sweet Mama summer has a slooow sway to her this time of year. She's sweet, hot, slow and drowsy.  Throwing the farm door wide I step out to meet her on this country morning.  Hot, green, damp smells let you know she is up and checking on her babes. Dew is wet against my legs but, even so, I glide through it drawn by the glittering promise balanced on blades of grass...a time limited offering.  All the nectar sippers are tippling before the heat of day...all around the world is moving at a easy summer grace. 

Then I hear a familiar voice, "Ok enough of all this, there is much that you must do before you leave for town."  The 'musts' pile up until the view of this amazing morning is hidden from my eyes.  All I see are hurdles, boxes, boulders strewn about... My pace increases as I clamor to the top of these.  Once reached I pause to wipe my brow and circle round to see there are many more just waiting there for me.  In a far corner, under a shady tree Mother Nature slowly beckons me.  When I draw near she peers and with sad shake of head says, "why do you let that crabby thing poke at you"... honey child all that pushing, hurrying, running and striving  they aren't my creations...look around you this is life.  That other stuff...sometimes I don't know if you humans are ever going to learn.