Saturday, September 26, 2015

TICK TICK


TICK TICK

September 26th, 2015
Alpine, Al

Tick, tick...In the predawn dark the day slides bare toed down the hall.  The me that's yet to be waits, eyes stretched wide against the inky blackness.  Tick, tick...inside this bell jar moment,  anticipation tussles with the ease and languor of being present....it runs it's  loop...what is true, how to see, things to know, ways to be.  Tick, tick...my mind is half way through the day and my body has yet to clear the bed.  Tick, tick...ease and languor wait their turn.   No, this is but an imposter...no real ease and no waiting here, just the mind considering a different approach.  Tick, tick...listen... a lone cricket's tune echoes in the dark.  With that haunting song I'm pulled from head's anticipation and am present with the world...now true ease and languor melt my body.  Tick, tick...back again to thinking and this tug of war remains until I choose the victor...tick, tick.....wait, choose?

The decision...am I doing and that creates my being or being and that creates my doing?  One struggles to mold the day ahead with the firm, deft fingers of will power...the other in the tingling stillness of the unborn day, waits to gaze upon the face of this much anticipated child... then life begins.  Which feels the lighter way to be?  Which carries more joy, freedom and creativity? Which way do I choose?