Sunday, September 20, 2015

TENTS

TENTS

September 30, 2015
Alpine, AL

As a young child I was a great adventurer.  Few supplies were needed to venture into an exciting world.  From my bed, lying with legs held up 'tent pole straight' and using my sheet, I pitched my tent.  I pitched it anywhere I chose and from that snug nest imagined what amazing things waited just outside the white cocoon.  During those nights in such a tiny space a feeling of expansion was gifted me.  I sensed the tug of nature all around and felt excitement for what there was to see.

Now, years later, I'm suspended in a hammock, under a spreading tree.  This time much larger poles are needed to brace the tent canvas of the sky...once again expansion blooms filling me with joy...for a brief while I feel part of all of this beauty.  In this "tent'' I learn a secret as I swing.   Nature whispers gently..."perhaps it has never been what's outside the tent that opens you to life... but instead it's knowing no matter where you are you belong, that you fit in because, after all,  you're ALWAYS part of all you see."