Monday, September 7, 2015

CHOICES


CHOICES

July 28, 2016
Birmingham

I am watching trees invent themselves in morning light...just outside my window.  I love this waking time.  The ME has not yet formed...not solid yet today.  For now, I expand and part of the waking world.  IAM pulses through my limbs.  I AM part of the morning light discovering things hidden beneath the shade of night.  I AM the ragged purr of AniCat as she settles into sleep.  I AM the cool morning air brushing knees, a cat... then moving on.  I AM the birds' sounds greeting the break of  day.  Oh yes, I AM!

Other I AMs...are commands disguised as thoughts.  They are like dogs whose freedom is measured by the size of their pen.  They lurk not in the outer world but in the small, cramped space of mind.  They try to appear tiny and tuck themselves neatly into the moment's flow...really looming large and standing rigid in the gloom.  They glare while edging closer,  trying to jostle me into day.  Get up, get going you have much to do.  These also...Oh yes, I AM.

Finally, I AM the one that gets to choose.  Hello wide and wonderful world...I choose you!!!