Tuesday, September 8, 2015

TREE TALES


TREE TALES

AUGUST 16, 2015
Birmingham

 The show opens with silhouettes of leaves tapping a tale against my bedroom wall.  Jittery and jumping in the breeze... these shadow puppets are a parody of busy, urban life.  With wringing hands they fade away then jerk nervously back to view.  The story nears it's frenzied peak when leaves part and sudden calmness comes to  me.  The hero of this show... the quiet, stately shadow of the tree... arrives at center stage.    Yes, the movement continues... but is of  little consequence against this sturdy calm.  When  the clouds come in, the shadows fade... and last of all the tree .   Why a front row seat to this production...what is here for me to see?  Then the  moral of this tale seems very clear to me.  Even in a busy, outer world....I  have my inner tree.