Monday, September 7, 2015

MORNING JOY


MORNING JOY

August 4, 2015
Birmingham

The music of cricket joy is bouncing 'round the yard this morning.  I long to see them rub their wings in glee.  I'm just a visitor...only half removed from sleep... a silent, empty vessel  crashing this party.  All around nature's grand piano begins it's morning Ode to Joy.  The deep tenor notes of the stately, nodding trees rumble through my soul.  They're celebrating the day by draping all about them  leafy shadows bobbing and swaying in time.  Then another joyful chord...morning-busy birds pipe in...being also the dancers for this 'do'...they're flitting and weaving their way through all the revelry.  Theirs' the spritely notes for the morning's tune.  Next, I spy and early morning guy advertising his joy and love in a most ostentatious way...perhaps he adds a counterpoint to all the rest.

Once the dull observer, now filled with the joyful energy of life, I shake my head in wonder.  I've no need...to buy a thing...to work to earn the right...to look a certain way...or be a certain shape to feel this joy inside.  When open to the moment...the tune plays right through me.