Tuesday, September 8, 2015

THE PATH


THE PATH

August 9, 2015
Birmingham

This mornings' well planned path snakes ahead leading me toward the finish line. It's early and awareness has yet to catch up with me.  When it arrives it begins whispering to leave the path and take off through the woods.  "Can't, I'm supposed to follow this path," I say and then close my ears to the continued lure.  Once arrived awareness doesn't give up so easily...it flits in and out among the trees so that I catch glimpses of something I might need to see.  I turn the bend and there it is again now propped against a tree.  This 'supposed to path' it says to me ...is it for you or really just for validation? Because you know validation may be the end result, but shouldn't be the reason for a choice.

Ok  but...life's a lot safer if I follow a path that many have used...that has been shown to work,  one 'THEY' say is right for me...and ok that 'THEY' are pleased with me for choosing.  Then I'll be part of a group of pilgrims all headed in the same direction.  Or, I can veer off of the approved path and head into the forest following what calls to me.  Then, when I pause, even if alone, I can look inside and realize I have my perfect guide.  Some times I may look up and see no one in front of me to lead or cheer me on,  then turn around and find that they are following behind.